We are happy to present you an excellent online tool – macro calculator! To achieve success in losing weight or gaining muscle mass, the body must undergo a lot of hormonal changes. These changes concern the production of growth hormone, insulin, testosterone and some other hormones. They essentially depend on what macronutrients and in what proportions you consume. We offer you a tool – bodybuilding macro calculator – that will determine these proportions for your particular case.
Main macronutrients for your body
There are three macronutrients necessary for your body – proteins, carbs, and fats. Let’s consider their role in details.
- This is the main material for building cells, tissues and organs, the formation of enzymes, many hormones, and hemoglobin. Proteins are involved in the metabolism of fats, carbohydrates, minerals and vitamins, form antibodies that protect the body from infections. By the degree of digestion in the gastrointestinal tract and the content of essential and non-essential amino acids, proteins coming from food are divided into complete & incomplete. Complete sources of the nutrient include meat, poultry, fish, eggs, and milk products. Incomplete ones comprise proteins of vegetable origin, which are contained in beans, cereals, and vegetables.
- Carbohydrates are the main source of readily available energy. Often, in modern low-carbohydrate diets, carbohydrates are significantly curtailed. However, this is not entirely correct, since the body begins to feel fatigued.
- Fats take the most active part in the formation of cell membranes, connective tissue, phospholipids, etc. However, the most important thing is, of course, that essential fatty acids are involved in the formation and functioning of hormones. The fat rate shown by the macro calculator is lower than for other nutrients.
Macros calculator will help you to determine precise norms of carbs, fats, and proteins intake per day.
How does macro calculator work?
The bodybuilding macro calculator is easy to use:
- Indicate your parameters (male or female, age, weight and height);
- Select your goal (muscle mass gaining, weight loss or maintenance);
- Choose the activity level (from easy active to extra active);
- The macronutrient calculator will do the calculation automatically, it will happen immediately after you click the “Calculate Macro” button.
If you want to determine how many calories are contained in the amount of macronutrients shown by our calculator, you can use the following algorithm. 1 gram of protein, as well as 1g of carbs, contains 4 calories. 1g of fat contains 9 calories. Therefore, you need to multiply the values obtained in the calculator by the caloric value of each nutrient. For example, the macronutrient calculator shows that you need 163g of carbs, 163g of proteins, and 36g of fat. Count the caloric value of each nutrient: (163 x 4) + (163 x 4) + (36 x 9). 652 + 652 + 324 = 1628 kcal. It is your total daily calorie norm.
The calculator immediately shows the values necessary to achieve your goal. Therefore, if you need to lose weight, you need to consume 15-20% less calories than your body needs. It should be noted that a very low calorie diet can lead to the fact that you will lose not only fatty deposits, but also muscles. It can be harmful to health in addition such weight loss will negatively affect your appearance. You do not want to look like a clothes hanger, do you? Lose weight correctly, train in the gym and you will look like a fitness model or a bodybuilder. And our online macro calculator will provide all the necessary data for this.
Advantages of macronutrient calculator
Our macros calculator will greatly facilitate achievement of your goal, regardless of what you want – lose weight, gain weight or maintain the current body weight. Correctly selected food with the help of this online tool will allow you to:
– avoid feeling hungry, lethargic or weak;
– provide yourself with a sufficient number of nutrients;
– effectively lose weight, keep weight at a certain level;
– choose a diet to build muscle or lose weight;
– get the right balance of nutrients in the body.
Use our macro calculator and be healthy!